This page contains news, event information, and other items added by the market managers.
Online Market is Open!
Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Bok Choy – Fruits And Veggies More Matters.org
10. A Layer of Flavor. Add cut bok choy or baby bok choy to your favorite salad for a new layer of flavor. Add cut bok choy or baby bok choy to your favorite salad for a new layer of flavor.
9. Sick of Celery? Fill raw bok choy stalks with anything you would use to fill celery sticks. Try peanut butter, cream cheese, or guacamole.
8. A Simply Stylish Side. Cut some baby bok choy in half and braise with a mixture of your favorite stock, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes for an elegant side dish.
7. Salads & Sandwiches. Use raw bok choy leaves in salads or on sandwiches. It has a sweet flavor and is a good addition to spinach or mixed green salads.
6. Add to Your Appetizers! Add raw stalks of bok choy to your favorite vegetable tray!
5. Add chopped bok choy and onion to any leftover meat and pre-cooked veggie or rice mixture then toss in a skillet over medium-high heat. Scramble one egg for each person, and pour over the veggie-meat mixture. Stir it all up and let the egg cook.
4. Cut baby bok choy in half, drizzle with olive oil and toss it on the grill. Add just a sprinkle of salt, turn once and enjoy.
3. Great as Garnish. Use the tops of bok choy leaves to cover a plate as an attractive garnish when serving appetizers at your next party or get-together.
2. Turbo-Charge Your Soups. Besides its enticing flavor and vibrant color, bok choy is great for adding last-minute nutrition to homemade or canned soups.
1. Fig, Apple, and Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe: Make an Asian-inspired stir-fry using chicken, snow peas, peppers, onion and bok choy. Clean the stalks, then give them a rough chop before adding to the wok.
So many great uses for bok choy and Arkansabi Farm has it available.
Be sure to plan for the things you need to buy for Thanksgiving! Saturday the 18th is the market day before Thanksgiving. Whether its seasonal produce, meats, eggs, or a hostess gift like some really nice crocheted kitchen dish cloths and some lovely home made hand soap, you can find it here!